Wheelie Good Day!
READY, SET, GO! for a Wheelie Good time!
Our very own Wheelie Good Day! is back in North Melbourne again this year. The day is a community gathering of people from diverse cultural backgrounds who share the Melrose St retail precint as their local shops. Not only does the day educate, train and encourage participation in riding a bike, it caters for all members of the community with activities for young and older. WIth more than 500 people attending last year, you'll be sure to meet a new neighbour on the day.
The program includes:
- Face painting & bike decorating for KIDS
- Bike doctors and skills course for KIDS
- Pimp your bike workshop for TEENS
- Bike skills course & tours of the local area for ADULTS
- Long kick and handball competitions with North Melbourne Football Club
- Knitting, knotting and weaving with a POM POM workshop
- CycleStyle Book Swap Bike for KIDS
- Hip Hop Street Show by Jason Coleman's Ministry of Dance students!
- Bike Tuneups from GOOD CYCLES
- Fix a Flat with PONY BIKES
- BIke Engraving from VIC POLICE
- Street Mural suggestion workshop
- CARGONE COURIERS Bike Boom Box
- Delicious food & coffee from POCKET CAFE
- ROLL UP Bicycle Valet Parking
- $1 MAMMOTH ice cream, on a bike
- BIKE n' BLEND pedal powered Smoothies
The Wheelie Good Day takes place on Sunday 1st May, 11am - 4pm. There will be a road closure on the Western end of Melrose St between Erskine & Canning Sts.
The Wheelie Good Day is FREE to attend and has been funded by a City of Melbourne Community Grant. Thanks to all the wonderful people at council for getting behind this day.
See you there!