Pushy Women Learning #2
You haven't ridden a bike in a while? You don't have much experience or don't feel comfortable riding in traffic? You want some fun while you get back on your bike with a crew of likeminded women?
The Squeaky Wheel, Catherine Deveny and her Pushy Women are here to help! Pushy Women learning is a gentle introduction to the world of riding that will leave you invigorated and inspired to keep your wheels in motion. The 2.5hr introductory session includes:
- FREE COFEEE on arrival (tres important) from St Ali North
- Free bicycle tune up and fitting session from Velo Cycles
- A story sharing session lead by our Pushy Woman host
- Instruction on basic maintenance (ie - how to determine if your bike is safe to ride, and when it's time to take it to the bike shop for some love)
- A very short ride down the Capital City Trail off road path to a private training space
- A one hour lesson covering balance, braking, riding one handed (for signalling) changing gears, slow riding, starting and stopping
- Tips and rules for riding in traffic including how to navigate intersections, roundabouts, car doors, trams (and tram tracks!)
- High fives all round
- A ride back to St Ali North for a delicious lunch if you care
Best of all, if you aren't able to transport or ride a bike to our starting point, the good folk at Velo will hire one to you for the whole day for the discount rate of $20.
Fee: $15 (+30Ct booking fee) // including a cup of delicious free St Ali coffee on arrival
Bike hire: $20 contact email@example.com at least 4 days before the session.
This introductory/refresher sessions is supported by the City of Yarra and designed to welcome women in a non-sporting, social environment + to show them how easy and fun it is to ride to a destination up to 7km away.