Bendigo Pushy Women
Women of Bendigo!
Do you want to take part in transformation of Bendigo into a Bike City? This social training course has been designed to develop the skills and the knowledge needed to ride a bike for transport, and to create networks for continued riding.
This 4 hour program will be delivered by our all female Austcycle accredited teachers, with local bike riding women assisting. The session will include:
- Story sharing over morning tea
- Instruction on performing basic bike check & maintenance
- Safety induction for riding on roads
- Skills development for riding in traffic (appropriate to current skill level)
- Road rules and traffic familiarisation
- Route planning
- Social ride (approx 5 km) to final destination
This course is not appropriate for total beginners, as we won't have time to teach you how to ride from scratch in the session! If you are total beginner and would like to learn to ride, please contact Jette.
No matter what your current skill level, you will be sure to get something out of this fun and social program.
You will need to bring a bicycle in good working order, wear comfortable brightly coloured clothing, bring a water bottle and some money for lunch (we will stop at a cafe before the ride).
Meet at the Chinese Musuem Precint, next to the Red Lotus sculpture.
This FREE program is limited to 22 participants, so book your place early to avoid disappointment.
BOOK YOUR PLACE